Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Fuck your book deal
  • Brain basics
  • An Open Letter
  • Newsflash!
  • Snooze Button Antics
  • Slow 'n' Easy
  • George and Wheezey
  • Pangs
  • Crafter Cuties:episode one
  • The Distance
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Accomplishment

    23.11.04 -  06:48

     
    How am I supposed to go to job every day where I never leave with a sense of accomplishment. I mean, for chrissake, I don't even know what I want to be when I grow up and when I think about it all that I see is a big blank shrug. I never feel like I've accomplished anything when I leave work every night. And now it looks like our hours are going to be pure hell after Thanksgiving.

    After Thanksgiving we'll be working 12 to 11 every day of the week, and then on Saturday, our supposed day off, we'll be working from 9-2. How in the fuck am I supposed to be at work at 9 in the morning if they're not letting me go home until 11... which isn't actually 11. It's actually 11:30 or later depending on how many people are left in the queue when it closes at 11. Then it's an hour drive home so that's one-ish. I have to get up at 6:30 in order to get to work at 8:30 for a 9 shift... Yay! I get to sleep for 5 1/2 hours after working for 11+ hours. And throw two hours of driving in there on a two lane country road... I'm probably going to die some weekend. I'll just fall asleep at the wheel and careen into a tree.

    for fuck's sake when did I become such a whiny little shit.

    I don't have anyone to talk to about this, because it's just more of me bitching. I don't feel like I have anyone to talk with without sounding ungrateful for being employed.

    I want to sit down and cry because I have no social life anymore. I left all of my friends in Dallas. I sit on my ass all day. All I do anymore is eat... I'm just getting fatter and fatter every day. And even though I've been clean for 9 months, I want to take up smoking again just so that I'll have something to look forward to each day.

    But I can't cry because I'm too exhausted.

    All that I want is something that makes me feel productive. Like I've accomplished something. Cause right now, all that I feel like is that I've sold something else and made someone else some more money. I feel empty.

    Assuming I don't get fired for my poor numbers... I don't see how I'll ever last a year at this.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.