Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • the monkey agenda: exodus -- 3
  • limits
  • the monkey agenda: exodus -- 2
  • the monkey agenda: exodus -- 1
  • Broken Water
  • Innocence
  • Losing your Design in Cut and Paste
  • Graphite v/s Pixels
  • natural tools first post
  • the monkey missive: eradication -- two
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   the monkey magnus: innovent -- eno

    18.4.03 -  18:14

     

    The Two Claudes


    CLAUDE -- DAMMIT!
    CLAUDE -- ...
    CLAUDE -- Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!
    CLAUDE -- yes?
    CLAUDE -- I can't believe this is, is,... Dammit!
    CLAUDE -- hmmm...
    CLAUDE -- pliancy
    CLAUDE -- eh?
    CLAUDE -- Pliancy! This isn't pliant.
    CLAUDE -- What isn't pliant?
    CLAUDE -- It's not pliant.
    CLAUDE -- What?
    CLAUDE -- This!
    CLAUDE -- What? Oh, that.
    CLAUDE -- See.
    CLAUDE -- Let me see.
    CLAUDE -- See.
    CLAUDE -- I do. It really isn't pliant, but that's not the word I would've used.
    CLAUDE -- Oh, you wouldn't.
    CLAUDE -- No, that's not the word I would've used.
    CLAUDE -- What would you have said?
    CLAUDE -- Well...
    CLAUDE -- Well?
    CLAUDE -- Not pliancy, that's for sure.
    CLAUDE -- Well?
    CLAUDE -- Soft?
    CLAUDE -- That's terrible.
    CLAUDE -- Not soft?
    CLAUDE -- Well of course it's not soft.
    CLAUDE -- Well I can tell that.
    CLAUDE -- Soft describes something diferent than pliant.
    CLAUDE -- How so?
    CLAUDE -- Soft is texture. Pliant implies changeable.
    CLAUDE -- Malleable then?
    CLAUDE -- Still texture.
    CLAUDE -- No it's not.
    CLAUDE -- Yes it is. Malleable implies texture.
    CLAUDE -- No it doesn't. Malleable implies changeable.
    CLAUDE -- It's a property of metal. Metal is malleable.
    CLAUDE -- But it's changeable. Metal is malleable, ergo able to be changed into thin sheets.
    CLAUDE -- But it only refers to metal, thusly it is texture based.
    CLAUDE -- and ductile means stretched into wires.
    CLAUDE -- What are you talking about?
    CLAUDE -- Malleable and ductile, things you can do to metal.
    CLAUDE -- But only metal.
    CLAUDE -- so?...
    CLAUDE -- Not this, this is pliant.
    CLAUDE -- But not soft?
    CLAUDE -- Soft is an adjective, hence it is texture.
    CLAUDE -- Pliant is an adjective too.
    CLAUDE -- But pliancy is an idea, a concept.
    CLAUDE -- You keep saying pliant. That's an adjective.
    CLAUDE -- Semantics.
    CLAUDE -- heh?
    CLAUDE -- I may keep saying pliant, but I mean pliancy. The concept, not the modifier.
    CLAUDE -- Malleable and ductile are verbs.
    CLAUDE -- But not concepts.
    CLAUDE -- Pliancy refers to that which is pliable... a verb.
    CLAUDE -- Your point?
    CLAUDE -- Malleability and ductility are concepts then, by default.
    CLAUDE -- Default?
    CLAUDE -- They end in "y" like pliancy.
    CLAUDE -- So you are saying that ending in "y" makes something a concept?
    CLAUDE -- Yes.
    CLAUDE -- Is that a blanket statement?
    CLAUDE -- I suppose.
    CLAUDE -- So then - "monkey" - that's a concept?
    CLAUDE -- It could be.
    CLAUDE -- Or filly or calumny or Philly?
    CLAUDE -- Well...
    CLAUDE -- Or money?
    CLAUDE -- Money's a concept!
    CLAUDE -- Poor example.
    CLAUDE -- Fine, I'll revoke my blanket statement.
    CLAUDE -- As well you should.
    CLAUDE -- Can we start over?
    CLAUDE -- Over?
    CLAUDE -- yes, can we start over?
    CLAUDE -- Dammit!?
    CLAUDE -- No...
    CLAUDE -- Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!?
    CLAUDE -- No. With pliancy?
    CLAUDE -- What with pliancy?
    CLAUDE -- I said, "That's not the word I would've used." and you said
    CLAUDE -- "What would you have said?"
    CLAUDE -- And then I said, "soft."
    CLAUDE -- No you didn't.
    CLAUDE -- I most certainly did.
    CLAUDE -- No, you said, "Well..." and I said, "Well?" and you said, "Not pliancy, that's for sure." and I said "Well?" and then you said, "Soft?" You used "soft" as an Am-I-right question. Not an I-am-right Statement.
    CLAUDE -- I don't rub your mistakes in your face.
    CLAUDE -- Well maybe you should. I know it makes it easier for me to deal with you.
    CLAUDE -- Excuse me?
    CLAUDE -- All I'm saying is that maybe you should rub my mistakes in my face.
    CLAUDE -- Is that so?
    CLAUDE -- When I start making some I'll let you know.
    CLAUDE -- Ass.
    CLAUDE -- All I'm saying is that sometimes you need objectivity. You don't realize that there's a problem until someone else makes light of it, because they aren't invested as closely as you are. Once someone else points it out, you can see it for yourself when it happens again.
    CLAUDE -- Oh, and you're willing to point out your mistakes for me so that I can become objective.
    CLAUDE -- Of course, I have plenty of objectivity.
    CLAUDE -- How did you get that?
    CLAUDE -- I have an ideal model to work from.
    CLAUDE -- A model?
    CLAUDE -- Someone who's mistakes I can point out so that I don't make them myself. It's rather helpful.
    CLAUDE -- Oh...
    CLAUDE -- So, about "soft"? what would you have said instead?
    CLAUDE -- A model huh?
    CLAUDE -- Indeed. So about "soft"?
    CLAUDE -- Who is this model?
    CLAUDE -- Oh don't worry, it's not you.
    CLAUDE -- Oh, okay. Good.
    CLAUDE -- Oh, hey. That objectivity I mentioned.
    CLAUDE -- Yes?
    CLAUDE -- There's some for you. I just made a mistake.
    CLAUDE -- I hate you.
    CLAUDE -- So what would you have said instead of "soft"?
    CLAUDE -- Forget it.
    CLAUDE -- No. What would you have said?
    CLAUDE -- No.
    CLAUDE -- What's a better word than pliancy?
    CLAUDE -- Nevermind.
    CLAUDE -- I will not. What's a word for pliancy. What would you have said had you been engaged in the conversation. What? Enlighten me!
    CLAUDE -- ...
    CLAUDE -- Yes?
    CLAUDE -- moldy...
    CLAUDE -- You are such an ass!
    CLAUDE -- What?!
    CLAUDE -- Ass Ass Ass!
    CLAUDE -- What's wrong with moldy?
    CLAUDE -- It's an adjective, not a concept! Unless you mean able to be molded, then the word is MOLDABLE!
    CLAUDE -- Oh.
    CLAUDE -- Not Moldy! Bread, Vegetables, Fruit! These are things that get moldy! Ideas are moldable!
    CLAUDE -- But I was right.
    CLAUDE -- But you weren't. It was a decent thought, but it suffered from your own asinine execution. Moldy?!
    CLAUDE -- Well...
    CLAUDE -- You could have made up a word: Moldifiable, moldyable, moldishable. All of these would have been better than what you actually said!
    CLAUDE -- ...
    CLAUDE -- Ass.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.