Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • An island never cries
  • A frosty mug of quintessence
  • The Second Coming
  • No. These Nuts be to You!
  • recharging the cells
  • reasserting old control
  • now with olestra
  • a better picture of me
  • wishlist
  • Daters
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   When the Russets weep

    24.9.03 -  21:21

     
    Holy fucking shit people, I just found four potatoes under my sink.

    Perhaps I should elaborate.

    I just found the remains of four potatoes that I had forgotten about. I'm pretty sure that I purchased these potatoes for consumption in late May, and I had completely forgotten that they were under my sink. I put them there because potatoes like dark cool places, and under my kitchen sink is the darkest coolest place in the apartment. Yuck yuck shitty yuck. Two of the potatoes seemed to be in good shape, but the other two were liquid. Like the soylent pink ooze of the dead in The Matrix. Which makes me think that the machines did a lot of cleaning, filtering, and coloring with Red No. 6 to get this pink gel color, because these potatoes were not pink or even potato-colored anymore; it was black potato decomposition. Black filthy sludge in a clear plastic vegetable bag under my sink.

    But that wasn't the worst part.

    Oh no it wasn't.

    I picked up the bag to throw it away and suddenly there was the movement of hundreds of tiny flying insects. Like gnats, but not gnats. These were evil in the making. I don't know what they were, but if it had been meat instead of potatoes, they would have been maggots. These gnats were the equivalent of maggots. Potato Maggots. I was instantly sickened. I threw the bag in the trash and tied the trash bag closed quickly, so as to not let any of these Potato Maggots free. Then I took the bag out to the dumpster.

    What surprises me the most, however, is that rotten liquefied potatoes have no bad smell. They actually don't have any smell at all. They had less fragrance than a fresh potato.

    If they had though, I probably would have noticed much sooner. Like August.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.