Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • lost
  • New Crayons
  • Semblance
  • The Ballad of the Sneak
  • the monkey missive: eradication -- three
  • the monkey intermission: resurgent
  • the monkey process: sabbatical
  • the monkey agenda: exodus -- 4
  • Graffitention
  • the monkey magnus: innovent -- eno
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Course

    20.7.03 -  20:34

     
    So what is the next step...

    You get in shape, you build up muscle, you burn off 17 pounds of fat, you've severly cut back your soda intake, you quit smoking... and on and on and on.

    So what am I supposed to do now? Hang a sign around my neck that lets everyone know that I'm single and available.

    "Oh, by the by, did I mention that I'm healthier than I've ever been in my life in addition to the pursuance of a Master's Degree in Theatrical Design?"
    "Oh my, no you hadn't mentioned anything of the sort." *titter*

    I mean, honestly people, pants that I haven't been able to wear in two years are LOOSE on me again; I'm down to the last available hole on the belt before I start punching some more or purchase a new one.

    I'm educated, self-motivated, anywhere from witty and/or clever to fucking hilarious (depending on who you ask), well-read, not ugly... what more is there? Sure I could probably stand a haircut, talk more, avoid self-deprecation...

    Where do you go to meet people? Bars are out of the question.
    I have poor judgement.
    I've always relied on my circle(s) of friends to get to know people, but frankly, the available possibilites within said circle(s) are dwindling rapidly. Undergrad was a great place to meet people, but when you cripple the number of people from a dorm-full to seven, problems inevitably arise.

    Would this dance be easier if I were AC/DC? Because we may be nearing that point.

    Actually, I know how to solve this problem right now. Yes - it involves a sign around my neck. Yes - it's the equivalent of begging... but these are desperate times. And all I really want is a date.

    I CAN COOK
    I CAN SEW
    I CAN CLEAN
    I'M STRAIGHT

    ... problem solved. Perhaps I'll make this into a shirt with Rosie the Riveter giving me the seal of approval.. then I'll wear it while shopping at Central Market or Target. It has to be while I'm shopping.
    It shows maturity and self-sufficience...
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.