Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Indelibly Confusing
  • Two parts
  • Muscle Memory
  • Electricalicityfied!
  • Ardath Bey
  • Open your mouth and breathe
  • The sky is falling
  • Equate Brand Pharmaceuticals
  • Welcome to Fucking LiveBlogger
  • Commenting and Templature
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Under Educated and Poorly Prepared

    16.5.04 -  16:31

     
    Just how useful is Monster.com in finding a job. Or perhaps that's not the problem. The problem it would seem is my education. Considering the amount of things I know, the education I've received... it would seem that employers would be clamoring for me... but they're not because my education had no focus. Yes I have a BA, but in Theatre... what the hell good is that for? I don't have my MFA in theatre because I couldn't complete the program, it was killing me a little bit day by day. There's no fucking point in that.

    So now I have a degree that really only good for teaching on a public school level... but I can't be a teacher. Being a teacher requires that you want to interact with adolescents. Being a teacher requires that you the kind of person I'm not. I have no interest in teaching... which doesn't make me any different from many teachers out there. But to me it's important. People with no interest in teaching shouldn't. It's unfair to the kids.

    So anyhow, I'm looking at Monster.com and it would seem that I'm underqualified for everything that I have any interest in. A lot of people want me to know Flash, Quark, XPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere and a host of other programs. Yes I know some of these, but not all of these, and definitely not Quark or XPress, which the majority of them *require*. Bleah.

    I have no real job experience. My mom thinks I should just go out and get something. And while I understand what she means, it doesn't change the fact that I completely disagree with her. If I'm not doing something that I want to do, then really what's the point of even having gone to college. If I'm not working in a field that excites... that's going to lead to a speedy turnover. And that does not help my resumé at all.

    I hate talking about resumés. It's so superficial. I hate "extra-curricular activities" and other "resumé padders". The kind of shit that make colleges cum in their pants. Fuck that shit.

    god, I have no idea what I'm going to do... whatever it is though, it'll probably suck and I'll develop cancerous ulcers in 10 years.

    What better use of a college degree than by dying early from stress related causes. Yay College!
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.