Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Open your mouth and breathe
  • The sky is falling
  • Equate Brand Pharmaceuticals
  • Welcome to Fucking LiveBlogger
  • Commenting and Templature
  • Aye, There's the Rub
  • Chillin' like a Cripple
  • By the Ankle into the Styx
  • Storm's abrewin'
  • sex vs. violence! a sleazy battle to the death!
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Ardath Bey

    11.5.04 -  23:53

     
    Ain't nothin' better than being plugged into the wall. Well, that's how it feels right now, what with dragging this extension cord around my apartment. It's close enough to actually being physically plugged into the wall. I have a heat pad wrapped around my ankle, held in place with an ACE bandage. The cord coming out is plugged into an extension cord, because there aren't enough outlets underneath my computer desk. Seeing the cord coming out of the wrapping makes me feel like I'm some sort of electricalicityfied ROBOT!

    My Skin!


    See! That's not very deep people... okay, fine, perhaps the subcutaneous tissue may be a bit thicker in places than in this picture, but not at my ankle... the skin there is thin like old people.

    My sister told me to alternate between the heat pad (which Laura lent me, because she's awesome) and cold packs. Somehow I feel that this tactic only serves to confuse the injury.

    Is it Hot? Is it Cold? Is it Hot? Is it Cold?

    As if by doing this, the injury will give up and my ankle will get better. She tells me that it's to Relax the injured area and then to reduce swelling... but then I guess I put the Heat Pad back on because the cold pack tightens everything back up, and then I reapply the cold pack because the heat pad has made the skin all relaxed... which still seems like I'm only trying to trick my ankle into getting better.

    In other news, it's getting a little easier to walk, but my locomotion is still rather stilted and jerky. I've regained enough flexibility in my ankle that I got to use my knee today! Yay! I'm sure I'm creating more problems by attempting to "walk it off", for example I'm walking with my foot turned out and I'm developing a sore spot on the ball of my right foot from reappropriating the weight around. If you want a pretty good idea of what I look like when walking right now, think Boris Karloff, 1932, The Mummy...

    Yes, I know, very unfortunate...
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.