Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • A Proper Definition of the Word
  • Mister E.D.
  • Blam! Damn!
  • A Couple of Comics
  • Holy Freaking Hell!
  • Screw you, H2
  • Potent Olives
  • Under Educated and Poorly Prepared
  • Indelibly Confusing
  • Two parts
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   It's been downhill since then

    23.5.04 -  09:44

     
    Once, in Junior High I believe, I was bored and couldn't sleep so I got out my sketchpad. I'm sitting up in bed, got my desk lamp bent over me so that I can see what I'm doing. And I'm doodling and doodling and sketching nothing in particular, just wasting some time until I get tired.

    Then inspiration hits. In my head I can sea clearly what it is. How each line will lay. And for the first (and really only time in my life) my hand begins to xerox my the image in my mind's eye stroke for stroke. It was beautiful. A piece to behold and treasure.

    There was Scooby-Doo mounting Velma doggy-style. She on all fours, her orange tube socks pulled up to her knees, her Hanna-Barbara breasts hanging like perfect pendulums. Scoob's mischievous grin. It was fucking perfect.

    and immediately I was ashamed that not only had I drawn this, but it was so perfect. I knew that it must be disposed of immediately for fear of corrupting the world. This picture was my Kubla Khan, however I had been allowed to finish it, unlike Coleridge and his mid-poem interruption. I don't know how I knew it would unleash terror on the world, but it pulsed through every fiber of my being: ""The picture must be destroyed."

    It was late though, and I couldn't burn it, and dared not risk putting it in the trashcan - even if it was torn into tiny bits and buried below everything else.

    So I ate it.

    That was the best thing I ever drew... Ev.Er.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.