Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Wish List v/s Needs List
  • What the Hell were you thinking?!™©®
  • Rock the Sitsbah
  • Simulacrum
  • Simple Editing
  • Damn you FAFSA
  • Taco Lackey
  • The Year of the Monkey
  • Vote Early, Vote Often
  • Code Wizard!
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   iPad Thai

    9.1.04 -  21:12

     
    So I'm doing some research on iPods - deciding if I want to get one. And lo and behold I find something incredible. Now perhaps you know about this already, but Apple has introduced the iPod mini which is only available in the U.S. until April, when it will be launched worldwide. The iPod mini has a 4 Gig drive and is only $249. Which, I think, is a really great price. It also comes in 5 different anodized aluminum "Easter" colors - no really, they're silver, light gold, baby blue, baby pink, and mint green. Here comes the East-iBunny... I guess that's why they're launching in April.

    However, that's not the coolest thing I found. If you are associated in any way with a university (i.e. a student, a teacher, or even a fundraiser) you get a discount at the Apple Store. This means that you could get a 15 Gig iPod for only $20 more than the the non-school mini! Awesomely Awesome! (Of course if you just wanted the mini it would only be $229.) Now, I'm sure you all are like, "But Michel, that's only $20 bucks. You're still paying $269." Actually what impresses me about the price is that Amazon, the leader in inexpensive internet shopping, sells the 15 Gig for $369 - I save $100 by buying from the people who actually make the thing.

    I think this is what impresses me the most; this is something almost completely unheard of in business. Occasionally the price is the same as the best retailer, but most of the time it costs more because you're only purchasing one - not bulk.

    Steve Jobs is amazing. I mean, hey, Pixar loves him, why shouldn't I.


    ...I hate that Milkshake song... hate it hate it hate it... but I can't stop listening...
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.