Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Damn you FAFSA
  • Taco Lackey
  • The Year of the Monkey
  • Vote Early, Vote Often
  • Code Wizard!
  • You've Come A Long Way, Baby!
  • Oy!
  • Fender Kickin' Fun!
  • the loom and the weft
  • eating chocolate donuts and watching dinosaurs get...
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Simple Editing

    4.1.04 -  12:15

     
    Does anyone else out there ever go back and edit posts for trivial grammatical and/or flow errors. Trivial ones, not big ones like using the word "irregardless", but miniscule errors like "teh", a random word that doesn't fit the verb tense, or whatever.

    Mind you, I'm not changing content, and I'm not trying to make myself sound smarter. For example, I was just re-reading Taco Lackey and Fender Kickin' Fun, when I came across two minor things that needed to be fixed.

    In Taco Lackey, I had written "1. You won't have to see another credit card ever again. 2. I won't ever have to see you again."
    Can anyone spot the minor irritant?
    Yes, it's that the two sentences don't have parallel verb placement. It was not necessary to change it. Technically there was not a problem. But it didn't flow to my liking.

    In Fender Kickin' Fun, I had written "My dad tried was telling me what could have happened..." The word "tried" does not belong in that sentence. However, as I read it, I saw what I had attempted to write. There were two seperate manners of expressing the same thought in that sentence, and in the end past continuous tense beat out past tense. So I removed the vestigial "tried".

    I'm not sure if these minor changes count as true post-editing. It's not as if I'm deleting my posts (which I've been reprimanded for before) I'm only fixing the things that bother me, that I wrote. I have editing power over every other member of Team Monkey, but I don't change things in their posts that I don't like. Much like the comments. I don't go in and "fix" anyone's comments to my liking other than my own.

    I'm not sure what this says about me.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.