Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Hiatus again?
  • all over the map
  • intimate information
  • greasy chorizo taco
  • the 1st sweet-ass super contest?
  • yeah, it's long
  • girls asking boys - hangman
  • and that would be all right, alright.
  • Big American Party!
  • microns away
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   the point being?

    19.10.03 -  17:10

     
    Can someone please explain Friendster to me. I understand the concept and I'm happy that it's a hub where I can keep in touch with my friends, but I don't understand the procedure. Am I just supposed to message people out of the blue? My friend Rachel asked for three different introductions, how do I do that? I don't know these people any better than she does. Do I go to my friend blah-blah and say, "Hey blah-blah, your friend so-and-so in funtown has two friends whats-his-name and that-other-guy. My friend just-moved-there is interested in meeting them, could you let so-and-so know so that he'll inform what-his-name and that-other-guy that just-moved-there wants to meet them?" Arrgh! And those are the easier introductions. The other introduction is four people removed from me. Gar!

    And that doesn't even begin to cover me. Do I attempt the same thing? Do I ask for introductions to people that you probably don't know; to people that you know as well as I do? Or do I just message them, and completely freak them out. I guess they're all as interested in dating as I am, but how do I contact them without coming off as creepy. It wouldn't be a problem if I were a hotter guy (but it wouldn't be a problem at all then), but since I look like everyone's dorky brother, the cards are stacked against me.
    A) I'm dorky looking.
    B) I really do look like a generic brother figure.
    So you're coming home this Christmas? Great we've all really missed you. I'm making my famous custard. I know how much you love it. I can't wait to meet your fiancé. They sound terrific.
    See what I mean...

    I think it's some sort of cosmic joke on me. Hey what if we had a nerdy, socially akward introvert and gave him the sex drive of a nympho. Har har, that would be great.

    And what level of honesty should I use? Right now my interests read: Theatre, Theatre Design, Craziness, Making Out, Cunnilingus (giving), Fellatio (receiving), Sweat, Spooning, Sleeping in, Marathon Sex, Escapades!, Post-Coital Conversation, Honesty, Phonecalls, Traveling, Adventures, Road Trips, Monkeys Monkeys Monkeys.

    Is this too honest. Should I tame this down or write something a little more antiseptic? Or is that pointless as well? Is there no good middle ground? How many people really read these things anyway, or are they just looking at the pictures? Everyone is only looking for that surprisingly single unattainable hottie, I suppose. Too bad I only fit the "single" category.

    The Unsurprisingly Single Attainable Nerdy Guy.

    And what in the hell does "Activity Partners" mean? Is it someone that you do stuff with (like watch movies), and how is that any different from a date. Or is it someone to fuck, and if it is, then why don't they just come out and say so.

    Now this may turn into another case of foot-in-mouth disease, but it seems to me that this is easier for girls. If you are an attractive girl, it seems to me that you can be picky. I don't know. You can turn down guys. You receive messages. You don't have to respond to anyone that you don't want to. Guys are more willing to send messages, apparently, than girls are. Even without a photo. What do you do then if you're like me? A guy who's unwilling, or unsure, or just afraid to make the first move. Don't we live in an era of a supposed closer equality in the sexes? Why is it then that only scary girls ask me out. I'm not looking for a Dom because I'm a Sub. That's not the case at all. I'm looking for someone who's just as nervous talking to me as I am to them, but got over it and asked anyway, like I've always done. Or maybe I've just nailed it. Most likely the "generalized they" are just as scared of rejection as I am. I don't know.

    (Of course this bleeds into my everyday not-asking-people out life. For example I have three lovely, witty, funny ladies' phone numbers in my phone. I've called one once, another yesterday, the third not at all. I left messages, but I haven't called again. Why? I don't know. Perhaps I'm afraid I'll have nothing to say. Perhaps I'm afraid that my voice isn't very attractive to listen to. Perhaps I'm afraid to reveal that I'm more eloquent in type than in conversation. Perhaps I'm afraid of my own nervous laughter. Perhaps I'm over-analying. Perhaps I hoped they would call me back. Of course, that was my whole weekend, leaving messages that were never returned. I think I left approx. 8 seperate messages this weekend, I've yet to hear back from any of them... it makes me think that my phone is broken. It probably is. I don't know.)

    Go ahead and tell me how stupid, naïve, and insecure I am.

    Feed my self-esteem.

    I suppose the plus to all of this is that:
    A) I'm keeping the gene pool clear of my social akwardness.
    B) I'm learning all sorts of subtle nuances in masturbation.

    So all of you ladies out there, if I'm ever in your part of the country I would like to take you out on a date. This includes:
    Lorie in VA
    Dusty in AL
    Rachel in IL
    Rebecca in CA
    Rose in CA
    Sarahjane in CA
    Jennie in OK

    Have I missed anyone?
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.