Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Mono Sodium Glutteus-- or --M. Ass G.
  • Wordy
  • Beneficiary
  • Endeavor
  • Ads and Inters
  • Wedding Bells are pending
  • PodCasting for the Masses
  • Ahoy! Latent Disappointment
  • Talk Time
  • aloneliness
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Deer Whistles:
    part the second


    11.11.05 -  05:58

     
    I almost hit a deer on the drive to work this morning. I think I need to clean out my deer whistles on the front of the car. I left the house at 6:10 this morning so that I could get to work on time and avoid the Austin 183 traffic. It was still dark when I was driving, and my headlights have been acting all nutsy lately.

    So there I was driving, and all of a sudden there's this young stag right in front of me, just standing there. He wasn't looking at me, he was just standing there. Like contemplating: "Hmmm should I eat some grass today, or maybe I'll go find some thistles or how about some of these tasty wildflowers... that would make for a find day. Perhaps I should try everything. What a fine life I lead as a young stag." He was just camped out in the middle of the highway, and all of sudden there he was in front of my car, and in a split second I saw him smashing into my hood and crashing through the windshield (because he would have, because of the monster crack across the length of the glass), and then he would have killed me, or at least totaled my car and left me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

    But, luckily for me, I have superhuman reflexes and swerved around him. The sudden swerve seemed to break his revery and he sprinted away. Now let me reiterate, because maybe I didn't make this part clear, I almost hit him. I was less than 10 feet away from him when I swerved around him at 75 MPH. It was pretty fucking scary to say the least. Thankfully though, I didn't even clip him, unlike the unfortunate skunk last week.

    I should probably drive with my brights on more often. But I rarely think of it while I'm driving. I want to say that this has taught me a lesson to utilize my brights more often, but I don't think it did.

    The Moral of this story is: Deer are stupid.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.