Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Wordy
  • Beneficiary
  • Endeavor
  • Ads and Inters
  • Wedding Bells are pending
  • PodCasting for the Masses
  • Ahoy! Latent Disappointment
  • Talk Time
  • aloneliness
  • Adage
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   Mono Sodium Glutteus
    -- or --
    M. Ass G.


    10.11.05 -  10:47

     
    It bothers me that what I eat isn't always de-nutrified as well as I expect my body to process it. I mean, my body has had 27 years of experience breaking down food -- it should be a well-oiled machine by now. Emphasis on the oil, considering my current diet of unhealthiness.

    Yesterday I went to the bathroom, and it smelled exactly like the Chinese Food that I had eaten for lunch the day earlier. Everything. Gas, movements, expellations of all sorts smelled the same. Everytime I was alone, or in my car, or wherever, and my body decided to release by-products of my greasy asian meal... it still smelled like Lo Mein and Eggrolls.

    Now honestly, that's totally disgusting, but I'm not sure what's worse. That all of this bowel related tomfoolery still smelled edible, or that I'm sharing it with the entire world. I apologize in retrospect. Oh well.

    The internet helps out the socially awkward by giving them a place to "socialize" like a normal human being. Forums and blogs give misguided individuals the chance to learn how to speak about themselves. It fosters and nurtures conversational interaction... sort of. Basically it helps extro the introverts and teaches them how to talk about that personal information that is usually only reserved for drunken symposiums at a local bar, with only close friends in attendance.

    Today at Whataburger, some stupid young professional woman with unfortunate hips, too short legs, a too long waist, and a general slumped lankiness that comes from working at a computer all day was talking to her friend about checking soda machines for disease, uncleanliness, and bacteria. See what you're supposed to do is take a straw and place it into the fountain nozzle and do something magical. I'm pretty sure she didn't know what, but she probably saw such advice on the "On Your Side" segment of the nightly news. Based on the straw tip you can tell how dirty the machine is... or something. I'm rather positive that this girl has never worked in the food service industry. Soda Fountains have to have the nozzles cleaned nightly or they stop working from the dried syrup. I'm also sure that she's no Howard Hughes -- that she can't see bacteria on the straw tip with her naked eye. Of course, the bigger problem here is a Catch-22 of sorts. If you can see fountain dirtiness on the straw who's to say the machine is full of disease, and if you can't see anything there who's to say it isn't. And really, if you're that concerned about the cleanliness of things going into your mouth, then you probably shouldn't be eating at a fast food restaurant anyway. It's not a hospital. It's an entire building with the sole purpose of providing things that bacteria enjoy snacking on.

    I hope she gets diarrhea.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.