Blog Trip  
         
       
       
     
       
Blogroll Me
  Travelogued   Atom Enabled
         
  Armchair Pundit
cellojenn
Endless Spotlight
Grave Levity
Karma Payment Plan
lacey joe loves you
Pizza Thoughts scratchymonkey
Skull Bolt
Vitriolic Spree
 
  • Tea and Toilets
  • It can't be both
  • ... umm... that wasn't there yesterday...
  • The Beautiful People
  • Lotsa Laffs!
  • Interior Desecrating
  • KRXY: Talk Radio
  • Western Ethics
  • Abusing Friendster
  • Free-Mail
  •      

    Archives:

    November 2002
    December 2002
    January 2003
    February 2003
    March 2003
    April 2003
    June 2003
    July 2003
    August 2003
    September 2003
    October 2003
    November 2003
    December 2003
    January 2004
    February 2004
    March 2004
    April 2004
    May 2004
    June 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005



     
    Michel D   The Best Post Ever!

    13.3.04 -  11:09

     
    So I'm completely obsessed with "The Best". I'm always on the look out for the best of something.

    Why?

    I guess I've always known this, but it didn't really hit me as a conscious thought until couple of nights ago. I was at the Used CD store, looking through their inventory, you know, through free association. And it occurred to me that I had no idea what it wanted. But whatever it was, it would be the best band ever. It was going to be a band that nobody had heard of except me. Perhaps, a band so obscure (yet so "the best") that the counter jockeys didn't even know they had them. And when I played the CD for people, they would all agree, "It was the best band ever with the best songs ever." Really, if you want to listen to a band that nobody else has ever heard of, well, you have to start your own band. And I've done that. Back in high school. Jason and I began a great little band called Pasty Curmudgeon... we were OK. Well, I mean for two guys that played cello and viola, respectively... in addition to the kazoo... yeah, we were OK. We had some fun songs. When I went to college, people really seemed to enjoy them. And, in the tradition of great Seattle bands, we wrote all our songs in my garage... with my Casio... that neither of us could play. But we wailed on the kazoo. We were kazoo virtuosos... still are.

    The other night, I was looking for something eat. I was tired of burgers and wanted something different. I drove around for like an hour. Looking for something or other... I don't know... when it occurred to me that what I was looking for was a meal so delicious that I would never be hungry ever again. Such a thing does not exist, but that didn't stop me from driving around for an hour. Why didn't I just go have a burger? In the end, I ended up at Royal Thai (which is where I saw the news article on e-mail). I had this soup, I don't even remember the name of it, but it was so good I almost cried. Really, I almost cried. It was that delicious, but it wasn't the best thing in the world, and it didn't sate my hunger for eternity. In fact, if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure I ate the next day. In fact, I did.

    And as of late, I've been looking for the best blog. One that makes me think and laugh at the same time, every time. So far I haven't found any. Now everybody over there on the left, they make me think, and they make me laugh, but not always in the same post. And I'm not pointing fingers, I don't do it either. In fact, my blog is kind of mediocre. I kind of make you think, and kind of make you laugh. Kind of. I've also been looking for the best comic in the world. That space actually used to be filled, but unfortunately Bill Watterson retired. Ergo, no more Calvin and Hobbes. So I suppose, in the world of comics I'm looking for something to replace Calvin and Hobbes. But that's not possible. Nothing can replace Calvin and Hobbes. So I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

    But whatever I'm looking for, it's going to be the best.

    The positive side to this, however, is that, even before I begin my quest, I know it will be futile.
     

     - 










    Copyright © 2002-2004 the.monkey.manifesto, Michel Devon.
    Unless noted otherwise.